VELA Education Fund is Awarding a New Round of Microgrants
Through VELA’s Meet the Moment program, microgrants are awarded to innovative, nontraditional education programs that are meeting learners’ unique needs. The Meet the Moment program includes microgrant opportunities to help everyday entrepreneurs — students, parents, educators, and community groups — take their ideas and new ventures and quickly put them into practice.
VELA Education Fund’s Meet the Moment program provides immediate, flexible funding to support the learning needs of families and students who are meeting the immediate educational needs of students. In its first two funds, VELA’s Meet the Moment program has awarded 865 grants totaling $7.35 million. These grantees are developing a range of nontraditional approaches, including microschools, homeschool co-ops, and after-school programs, that reflect how families are rethinking their children’s educational experience.
Microgrants help families and educators continue their nontraditional learning solutions long after the pandemic subsides.
Our microgrant program accepts applications from diverse individuals and organizations that are:
– Addressing families’ immediate and emerging education needs
– Enabling families and learners to access a learning model that best meets their needs
– Reimagining where and how learning happens
– Being led by the communities that they will serve
– Increasing access to nontraditional learning models
– Addressing a clear charitable purpose
– Supporting students by the end of January 2022
– Reaching and supporting at least multiple students
– In need of additional financial support to get started
VELA Education Fund is awarding a new round of microgrants to innovative, nontraditional education programs that are meeting learners’ unique needs. The grants of $2,500 and $10,000 will help everyday entrepreneurs — students, parents, educators, and community groups — take their ideas and new ventures and quickly put them into practice.
The deadline to complete applications is 11:59 pm EST on Friday, November 5, 2021, or when VELA receives 750 applications, whichever comes first. Click HERE to start your application.